QQI Level 5
Do you want to be an ambassador for West Cork in the Hospitality sector? Get the skills necessary to allow to you work in restaurants, bars, hotels and B&Bs and be part of the vibrant Tourism and Hospitality community in the West Cork area. This QQI Level 5 Certificate course allows students to learn a range of hospitality service skills including customer relations, service and accommodation maintenance as well as food and beverage preparation and service.
€550 including Examination Fees (Medical Card holders are exempt from €250)
QQI Level 5 Award in Hospitality Operations
- Food Preparation (Cooking Skills)
- Accommodation Techniques
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Meal Service
- Beverage Service (Bar Skills)
- Restaurant Skills
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- Professional guest lecturers
- Work Placement
- Site Visits
- Manual handling training and certification (requirement for work experience)
- Level 1 and 2 Food Safety & Hygiene training
- Cork College of Commerce QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality 6M5012
- Great progression links to CIT, ITT and Shannon College of Hotel Management, see our website for details.
Bar staff, waiting staff in Bars, hotels, cafes, tea shops and B&Bs, accommodation assistants, reception staff in hotels, hostels and B&Bs, kitchen staff in hotels, restaurants, deli, cafes, tea rooms.