This course explores the concept of successfully creating a craft enterprise combining craft modules with business modules, which enables the learner to gain academic and vocational skills along with information Communication Technology skills and business skills. This course engages with local markets and is an excellent combination of developing a craft with the intention of starting a viable business venture.
€530 including QQI examination fees
(Medical Card holders are exempt from €250)
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Creative Craft 5M1981
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression
- Drawing 5N1862
- Design Skills 5N0784
- Greenwood Furniture 5N5625
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Combined Materials 5N0764
- Printmaking 5N1373
- Entrepreneurial Skills 5N1951
- Computer Aided Draughting 5N1604
- Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4.
- Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement.
- All applicants are interviewed.
Fully equipped practical rooms
Professional guest lecturers
- CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Art 6M4029
- Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course.
Self Employment, Art and Craft Industry Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.