This course explores the concept of successfully creating a craft enterprise combining craft modules with business modules, which enables the learner to gain academic and vocational skills along with information Communication Technology skills and business skills. This course engages with local markets and is an excellent combination of developing a craft with the intention of starting a viable business venture.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Creative Craft 5M1981
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression
€530 including QQI examination fees
(Medical Card holders are exempt from €250)
- Drawing 5N1862
- Design Skills 5N0784
- Greenwood Furniture 5N5625
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Art Metalcraft 5N1649
- Printmaking 5N1373
- Entrepreneurial Skills 5N1951
- Ceramics 5N0759
- Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4.
- Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement.
- All applicants are interviewed.
Fully equipped practical rooms
Professional guest lecturers
- CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Art 6M4029
- Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course.
Self Employment, Art and Craft Industry Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
My experience in the Cork College of Commerce was welcoming and professional. I received excellent tuition and there was a very good support structure. I developed a good exam technique and acquired practical skills which are essential for the modern office. I found the staff to be encouraging, supportive, motivating and caring. My colleagues were also helpful and supportive throughout the course. I am currently employed by the HSE and am happy and confident in my work place. Everything I learned in Essential IT for the Office is relevant for my job on a day-to-day basis.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.