QQI Level 5
Do you want to get a qualification that will give you an excellent overview of the Hospitality sector? If you have an interest in cooking, food service and the hospitality industry, then this is the course for you. Get the skills necessary to allow to you work in restaurants, bars, hotels and B&Bs and be part of the vibrant Tourism and Hospitality community in the West Cork area. This QQI Level 5 Certificate course allows students to learn a range of hospitality service skills including customer relations, service and accommodation maintenance as well as food and beverage preparation and service.
€550 including Examination Fees (Medical Card holders are exempt from €250)
- Food Preparation (Cooking Skills) 5N1909
- Accommodation Techniques 5N1851
- Customer Service 5N0972
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Menu Planning & Applied Nutrition 5N2085
- International Cuisines 5N0632
- Pastry Baking & Desserts 5N2084
Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- Professional guest lecturers
- Work Placement
- Site Visits
- Manual handling training and certification (requirement for work experience)
- Level 1 and 2 Food Safety & Hygiene training
- Cork College of Commerce QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality 6M5012
- Great progression links to CIT, ITT and Shannon College of Hotel Management, see our website for details.
Food preparation and hospitality skills required in hotels, cafes, tea shops and B&Bs, accommodation assistants, reception staff in hotels, hostels and B&Bs, kitchen staff in hotels, restaurants, deli, cafes, tea rooms.