QQI Level 5
This course equips the student with the skills to work in all aspects of a fully computerised office. It is the perfect course for the absolute beginner and for the improver alike. Students are introduced to all of the necessary software: Microsoft Office, Computerised Accounts (Sage 50) and payroll Software (Thesaurus Payroll), Internet, email etc. The course also includes the European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL). If you want to master Information Technology, build on the skills you have already or just want a comprehensive Business Qualification as a stepping stone to further study, this business course is the one for you.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in eBusiness Studies 5M0828
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
€625 including QQI examination fees (Medical Card holders are exempt from €250).
- eBusiness Studies 5N136
- The Internet 5N1611
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Web Authoring 5N1910
- Communications 5N0690
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised 5N1354
- Payroll Manual and Computerised 5N1546
- Text Production 5N1422
- ECDL (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Online Essentials, Computer Essentials, Data Protection, Presentation, Online Collaboration, Web Editing & Image Editing)
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed.
Students undertake a block work placement of two weeks during the course.
- Skibbereen Campus QQI Advanced Certificate in Business Level 6
- CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Marketing and Event Management (Business) 6M4985
- CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality (Tourism with Business) 6M5012
- Great progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges.
- Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course.
This course is specifically designed for people who wish to gain employment in a fully computerised office as an administrator, secretary, accounts or payroll assistant. It is also a great stepping stone to further study. All students can Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
“The course offered me a great insight into all the options available to me, from broadening my education or going straight into employment afterwards. The course has a broad scope and covers a wide range of material, such as book keeping, spreadsheet and ECDL. The work experience section of the course was particularly benefitting, as I was able to put the knowledge I had gained from the course into practical use. This course provided me with a strong foundation in Business and allowed me to enhance my education further. Carrying on from my experience in West Cork Campus, I am currently undertaking a Bachelor of Business Studies in CIT. I am now studying material that was covered in the Business Administration Course in more detail and it has provided me with a solid foundation for my current studies.”
“Rossa College (West Cork Campus) opened up a lot of new doors for me. I made some new and great friends and I also gained many new skills. I was very lucky to gain full-time employment after completing the course and have no regrets. I would highly recommend the West Cork Campus to anyone thinking of furthering their education, you won’t look back!! I am working full-time with an accountancy firm.”
“I found the Level 5 Business course to be a wonderful experience and I acquired numerous skills that I am now using daily in my part-time job with the Southern Star in Skibbereen. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone thinking of returning to work. The modules cover everything you need to know in order to work in a busy office. I have made new friends and treasure my memories of a great year with highly dedicated tutors.”