QQI Level 5
Situated on the Wild Atlantic Way in the heart West Cork, the West Cork Campus is ideally positioned to provide an ideal location for business & leisure events. Coupled with the established Culinary & Hospitality sector in this region and the growth of tourist numbers, there is a demand for workers in this industry with a knowledge of event production, hospitality skills and the marketing & delivery of the tourism product or service. West Cork is famous for it’s fine dining and warm hospitality so this course is ideal for those who wish coordinate such events and to become part of this tradition.
€550 including Examination Fees (Medical Card holders are exempt from €250)
- Customer Service 5M0972
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Safety and Health at work 5N1794
- Food Preparation 5N1909
- Event Production 5N1374
- Accomodation Techniques 5M1851
- Beverage Service 5N2019
- Tourism Principles and Practice 5N2078
Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- Students participate in:
- Site Visits
- Professional Guest Lectures
- Practical experience in a hospitality/event centre
- Food Safety Net Ireland Level 1 & 2 Food Safety & Hygiene training
- CIT: Tourism Management (CR041)
- CIT: Hospitality management (CR042)
- CIT: Hospitality Studies (CR657Cork College of Commerce QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality 6M5012
- Great progression links to ITT and Shannon College of Hotel Management, see our website for details.
Event Management including corporate, hospitality & tourism products. An excellent qualification for anybody who would like to work in the dynamic environment of hospitality & event production.