This course provides the knowledge and skills for employment in the area of Hairdressing. There is particular emphasis placed on the practical side of Hairdressing, where learners will gain the skills necessary to work in a salon locally, nationally and internationally. Master integral skills such as barbering, colouring, upstyling in a fully equipped and working salon. Gain the benefit of work experience in an established hairdressing salon on a day-release basis throughout the academic year.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Hairdressing 5M3351Junior Trades
€600 including QQI examination fees
(Medical Card holders are exempt from €250)
- Hairdressing Theory and Practice 5N3445
- Hairdressing Science 5N3346
- Safety & Health at Work 5N1794
- Customer Service 5N0972
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Barbering 5N3348
- Beauty Industry Ethics and Practice 5N3470
- Creative Styling 5N3349
- Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4.Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirements. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this courses is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirement set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
Fully equipped salon
Professional guest lecturers
- Graduates from this programme may progress to Senior Trades Certificate, which is the highest level of hairdressing in Ireland, and then progress into the workforce.
- Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology: Design for Stage and Screen (make up Design) (DL829)
- LIT: Beauty and Spa Management (LC392)
- CIT: Business (CR021)Up to 390 points for any IT can be attained. Please consult our progressions database at https://corkcollegeofcommerce.ie/progressions/ for up to date information.
Hair Stylist, Frontline Receptionist, Barbering, Mobile Hairdressing, Stage or Film Work, Specialised Beautician, Cruise Ships, Air Hostess, Hairdressing Retail Shop. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.