This course focuses on leisure sport and fitness and developing the skills to work in this growing industry. Learn how to promote effective and beneficial exercise and fitness for a range of ages, abilities and interests. Participate in a variety of adventure activities and learn how to promote the benefits of exercise and physical activity to promote health and well-being for all. Learn how to coordinate sporting or fitness events leading to an enjoyable and beneficial outcome for all participants.
€613 including QQI & ITEC examination fees
(Medical Card holders exempt from €250)
- Exercise & Fitnesss 5N2688
- Sports & Recreational Studies 5N2667
- Customer Service 5N0972
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Adventure Activities 5N4646
- Safety & Health at Work 5N1794
- Adapted Physical Activity 5N4352
- Nutrition 5N2006
- Event Production 5N1374
- Yoga Teaching ITEC (Optional)
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirements. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this courses is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirement set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
All applicants are interviewed.
Students undertake a block work placement of 2 weeks in a leisure/ sports setting.
- CIT: Recreation and Leisure Management (CR032) IT Tralee: Coaching and Sports Performance (TL773) IT Tralee: Health and Leisure (TL771) Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for CCOC students. Up to 390 points for any IT can be attained. Go to our progressions database at https://corkcollegeofcommerce.ie/progressions/ for exact requirements on progressions for this course.
Leisure, sport and activity settings. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.